Monday, September 8, 2014

Year-Long Theme: HEROES (2014 update)

I've had a year-long theme for the past two-three years. Everything we read/study ties back to this theme; the kids have really enjoyed it. This year, instead of me just "talking" my way through it, I decided to put it all together in a Prezi. As a disclaimer, this is only the second one I've ever done so it's not full of all the bells and whistles of others I've seen. Then, when I tested it at school last Friday, I found out we'd been denied access to YouTube...I had four videos linked as an integral part of the presentation. UGH!! Thanks to my handy-dandy husband, we were able to reformat the videos and put them into the Prezi which went around the need for YouTube rights. (NOTE: we had to change one video because it did not allow reformatting or downloading.)

This has been really powerful throughout the years. I tweak it a little bit each year so the "rerun students" I have don't get bored. Since this is my first time sharing, I'm not sure if it will work but you're welcome to use it if you'd like. :)


You can also find my inserts for the Interactive Notebooks HERE

Here's what pages 14 & 15 of the 2014-2015 notebook looks like:



2 comments:

  1. I love this idea of using andwe theme, and absolutely love the video of children see children do, but I teach 7th grade and I'm not sure how many students would respond to the part where the kid uses the middle finger. Thoughts? Ideas on how to get around that. I think it's such a powerful video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea of using andwe theme, and absolutely love the video of children see children do, but I teach 7th grade and I'm not sure how many students would respond to the part where the kid uses the middle finger. Thoughts? Ideas on how to get around that. I think it's such a powerful video.

    ReplyDelete