You will need to get copies of the handouts for these two pages from the file folder on the counter in the room. Please be sure you follow the examples to complete your notebook. (Note: my copies are always available before or after school. Please see me if you have any questions!)
Thanks to Erin Cobb's packet, "Interactive Reading Informational Text Notebook," I have some great additions to our notebooks this year! I've found determining the TOPIC, MAIN IDEA, TOPIC SENTENCE, and SUPPORTING DETAILS is hard for some students. This is going to serve as a GREAT review!!
PAGE 10 OF INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK:
- Color, cut out, and glue the page in as shown.
PAGE 11 OF INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK:
- Underline the passage as shown. (This is helping you to identify the four items we are reviewing today.
- Glue the passage in your notebook.
- Then, add the information to the back side of the TOPIC/TOPIC SENTENCE/MAIN IDEA/SUPPORTING DETAILS page. Cut along the OUTSIDE edges of this section and glue the right and left sides to the passage.
- CAREFULLY cut up the middle of the top page only, as shown.
- SEE ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!!!!!
DON'T FORGET TO PUT THE DATE ON THE INSIDE CORNERS OF THE PAGES!!
DON'T FORGET TO ADD THESE PAGES TO YOUR TABLE OF CONTENTS!!
- Get a copy of the article, "She's Back!" located in the file folder.
- Identify the main idea and supporting details as taught on these two pages.
- Turn the assignment in for participation credit. (REMEMBER!! You only have ONE DAY for each day you were absent to make up the work for full credit!!)